Wow, this is interesting. I haven’t seen this side of 7:20 AM … intentionally, anyways, in years! For the first time in a long while, I’m actually waiting for the world to wake up to me. I think it’s one of the signs of the apocalypse, folks, so grab your hardhats and your bibles.
I’m not sure what caused me to wake up so early this morning. I was having this very intricate and odd dream about shadowing a group of three jewelry store robbers. I’d go into their reasons for doing it (because it was very clear to me in the dream), but it was a particularly convoluted story and now that I’m starting to type it up it’s sounding very ridiculous, but I was winning in a fight against this guy who was coming at me with hammers. Yeah, hammers. I woke up abruptly for some reason around 6:30, and couldn’t go back to sleep.
Rather than question it I’m going to take advantage of it.
Lots of good things going on recently. A nice fat contract closed yesterday, and none too soon… my bank account was looking a little meager since I haven’t really had a paying gig since the 5Tribe thing. Most of you know exactly where I’m at in the business stuff, but for those of you that don’t, I’ll give you the Cliff’s notes version:
- The handheld project is on hiatus. There are a number of reasons for this, one is that Microsoft came out with a project which was based on almost the same type of hardware and the same purpose as our handheld for a similar price point. The other reason is that the needs of 5Tribe changed, and my services were no longer required to complete their handheld project. They have since put me on a retainer to take care of any web development and programming projects they may recieve.
- The political campaign is coming along nicely as well. I hope to officially launch the site today, although if you’re very clever, you may be able to find it without my help. We’ve gotten the directors lined up for the 527 group (Friends of T. Evan Fisher), and we’ve got our first few donations coming in. I think we’ve planned out what will be a very surprising campaign (at least to our opponents!).
- The venue is coming along nicely. Matt and Joel and their father own a piece of property out in Lindale that upon survey was perfectly suited to house a rock venue much like what Jeff and I used to do back in highschool. We expect to open in May some time. Details to ensue.
- The ModPodder project is still underway. I still can’t say too much about it, but Adam is going to poo his pants.
- A companion project to ModPodder is in the talks right now. We’ve got the greenlight, but we’re still in the planning phase.
- CurTruck is still being worked on.
As for regular eating money, I’ve been subcontracting small tech jobs. If you do website design or back end programming, I’ve got a bunch of work sitting on my desk at the moment – send me your qualifications and I’ll put you on the list of people to subcontract. If you have a technical project that you need to accomplish, let me know too!
That’s all for now. My nose to the grindstone.