No big ground-shaking posts from me this weekend. I’ve been taking most of the weekend thus far to do some SEO on the site, and to clean up some of the designs. Hopefully you like the front page a bit better than it was last week.
Here are a few random thoughts that I simply don’t have the energy to develop into full blog posts:
- TechMeme isn’t nearly as brilliant as what Calacanis says. Especially if you’re not part of the TechMemeOrati. I heard it said that it’s a People Magazine of the Tech Blogosphere. If you aren’t one of the cool kids, you probably don’t enjoy many benefits from it, other than as a digest of what others may be saying. I know I have been listed a couple times in my ten years of tech blogging.
- I fixed the Rizzn Network Link Blog. All headlines and link fields should populate correctly. You should subscribe, especially if you’re a voracious reader like we are.
- Heck, while you’re at it, subscribe to the RizWords Show Notes. Even more good stuff to put in your reader.
- I’m seriously pondering what it’ll take for Robert Scoble to finally link me. I’ve tried subtlety. Do I just need to ask him outright?
- Why do folks who espouse Facebook for business not answer Facebook messages? (This isn’t a blanket statement, just an observation).
- I want to do a series on the absolute best way to set up your suite of indy journalist web apps, but my suite keeps changing too quickly for me to finish the series. The short list of just app names: Facebook, GMail, GTalk, Twitter, Feedburner, Blogger, Podango, Stumbleupon, and Digg. Oh and Google Reader.
- Oh yes! Blogrush is a huge disappointment! I had what can best be described as a crap-ton of both credits and sign-ups. How much traffic came my way? Three visitors. I apologize to those of you who signed up under me. Write me and I’ll try to think of a way to make it up to you.
- I have very exacting standards on my RSS feed list now. I don’t generally allow in any MSM feeds, and if you don’t have full content in your feed, I probably won’t subscribe. If I subscribe, I probably won’t read. Sorry, dem’s da facts.
Want to be part of the Rizzn-ite army? Indoctrination instructions here.