I think we can officially say that Twitter is mainstream. Pretty soon, we won’t have to explain Twitter anymore, and we can finally bid an overdue farewell to story after story on blogs as to how to properly use Twitter and what Twitter is good for.
The other day, Duncan Riley observed that “the lead story on News.com.au us Australia’s most interesting twitter users,” essentially a link bait list post of Tweeters.
Today, though, Anthony Farrior declares the battle for mainstream over as Ashton Kutcher utilized Twitter and Qik (as did his wife Demi Moore) to vent about a neighbor very loudly building what appeared to be “damn fort next to [his] house.”
Transcript from Kutcher’s Twitter account as of midday Thursday:
- this [expletive] owl feces cougar placenta jack bone [expletive]! about 3 hours ago from web
- Jack [expletive] 7am building a … damn fort next to my house [expletive] up my view and noise polluting the entire [expletive] nieghborhood with pounding steal about 3 hours ago from web
- holy moly I’m gonna lose it! about 3 hours ago from web
- this [expletive] clown has another thing coming! about 3 hours ago from web
- I’m gonna kill my neighbor! about 3 hours ago from web
- calm and gentle baby you can pull out the paint gun later! about 1 hour ago from web
- baby keep it together there should only be another 5 months of this. about 1 hour ago from web
- the neighbor doing consruction with 6 guys pounding hammers against steel at 7am is no way to wake up! about 1 hour ago from web
The blowout has been chronicled in the news media pretty extensively.
We can move on now. We don’t need to do the evangelizing articles for Twitter anymore.